- Last Mile impressions will surge as retail businesses double down on recouping their COVID-19 losses
- Behavioral marketing will continue to drive conversion
- Virtualization in customer service will boom. Augmented reality in the online shopping experience will become commonplace
- Bigger data will drive bigger decisions. Amazon is expanding into bricks and mortar. So is Google. So is… everybody who has access to big data
- Click fraud will continue to rise until ad platforms respond with better machine learning algorithms to identify fraudsters
- Although COVID-19 lockdowns have destroyed the retail industry, in-person shopping is not extinct. Retailers will focus more on blending the shopping experience across online shopping and bricks-and-mortar locations
- Anonymous, universal ID will standardize adtech audience tracking methods.
- Ecommerce trends will include products that remind people of normal, in-store experiences like spa treatments and gym workouts
- The battle between giants Apple, Facebook, and Google Adwords will result in innovation on the way in which users are tracked across platforms
- Uber-everything because technology and COVID-19
- Consumers will focus more on a product’s utility, quality, and alignment with their values than brand affinity, especially in ecommerce and the wellness industry
- Subscriptions will surge as people get used to set-it and forget-it
Salesforce is expected to launch Work.com. They are advertising the platform as a way to help businesses and communities to safely reopen. According to the company, the new platform will include tools for contact tracing and emergency response management. It also includes employee wellness assessment and shift management tools. Collectively, this toolkit is designed to help private and public sector response to the COVID-19 pandemic, along with future issues that disrupt economies on a massive scale.
Every company and community in the world is focusing on how to safely reopen and get to a new normalBret Taylor, President and COO, Salesforce
Work.com Advisory Board
According to Salesforce, the project has leveraged guidance from top industry partners. These include Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, and other businesses. The company’s goal was to provide a holistic solution to problems identified by health experts and business leaders.